Thursday, July 23, 2009

Money, Movements and Emotions

Lately I have been overly emotional, and almost feel like the world around me is closing in. I worry about how we really can afford to bring another life into this world, I have anxiety about how the baby is growing, and just really wonder if I am cut out to be a mom. I know that we will always make it work, that the baby is perfectly healthy, and that we will do great as new parents, but I cant keep it from weighing on my mind. So in order to help ease at least some of my worries I decided to listen to Poppy's heartbeat with my handy dandy doppler. I'm laying there on the bed listening to this little heart pound away and I kept hearing these little swishing sounds and cant help but wonder if it could be Poppy moving around. And then it happens! Under the little doppler I feel pressure building and pushing out wards, I hear a swish and feel a thump! I was listening and feeling the baby's little movements! It really helped cheer me up, and I still haven't stopped smiling about it!

And on a side note!! Nick has deserved a raise at work for a long time. He finally brought it up to his boss and found out today that effective Aug 1st, he will be making about $400 more a month!! That is a huge relief and I am so happy for him! So I guess for a shitty week, today hasn't turned out so bad!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you day turned out good! Poppy must have known his momma needed something to smile about!

    ReplyDelete